Al Maktoum School of Excellence Dam
(Photo : Summerhill Stud)
WORK CONTINUES TO PROGRESS WELL
ON THE AL MAKTOUM SCHOOL OF EXCELLENCE PROJECT
Anyone who has had the opportunity to stay in one of Hartford’s beautifully appointed Lakeside Suites will have been able to appreciate the talent, creativity and artistry of Cheryl Goss.
The Al Maktoum School of Excellence is fortunate to have Cheryl leading the design and development team and one can already see from the preliminary drawings that the facility is not only going to be situated on a site with the most magnificent views, but that it is going to be a building of great beauty itself. Building methods are going to be eco-friendly, using as much local material as possible, and the facility will incorporate the following:
- A multifunctional lecture hall/functions room which can be configured to accommodate up to 150 pax (seated), and which will include a breakaway/entertainment/bar area;
- A kitchen facility which will double as a demonstration kitchen, together with its associated storage rooms;
- A large entrance foyer;
- An eco-theatre which will accommodate a maximum of 60 pax, and will include a gallery/display area;
- A retractable awning / roof over the outside patio which will offer a seating area with scenic views down the valley, and
- A horse arena to the front with grass bank seating.
Cheryl’s sketches have been converted to sketch plans and, once all stakeholders have given the stamp of approval, final plans will be drawn. We can’t wait to show them to you… but you’ll have to wait just a little while longer. In the meantime, you can take a look at the new dam, which has been steadily filling over the past two months.
“Excellence is in the details. Give attention to the details and excellence will come.”
Click above to view latest photos of the new
Al Maktoum School Of Excellence Dam
Posted by Barbara Meier