It’s probably axiomatic to expect that any draft from a nation’s Champion Breeders should include a draft of well-related horses, but Summerhill’s dedication to the upliftment of the Ready To Run as a source of quality racehorses is more than evident in this year’s entry for the sale. From the past few seasons alone, names such as Pick Six, Dynamite Mike, Majestic Sun, Rebel King, Fanyana, Veiled Essence, Icy Air, Paris To Peking, Desert Links and Hear The Drums all resound with memories of major race performances. And all of these, and many more, have brothers and sisters in the sale. Browsing the catalogue (which is about to be released into the public domain), we uncovered these gems:
1. Sister to Icy Air by Gr.1 wining Freshman sire, Malhub.
2. Brother to Gomma Gomma Challenge (Gr.1) winner, Pick Six, by Malhub.
3. Sister to triple Gr 1 performer of 2007, Rebel King, by Jallad.
4. Sister to Storm Bird Stakes winner of this past season, Regal Runner, by National Emblem
5. Brother to top class Desert Links, by Labeeb.
6. Sister to 2007 East Cape Horse of The Year, Hear The Drums, by Requiem.
7. Sister to Gold Circle Oaks winner and July candidate, Veiled Essence, and East Cape Champion Two and Three Year Old, SilverArrow, by Malhub.
8. Sister to KZN Guineas winner, Dynamite Mike, by Lavery.
9. Brother to Matchem Stakes (Gr2) winner, Majestic Sun, by Labeeb.
10. Sister to East Cape Horse of The Year, Coastal Waltz, by Malhub.
11. Sister to multiple Gr 1 performer, Fanyana, by Rambo Dancer.
12. Brother to Gr 2 winner, Paris To Peking, by Malhub.
13. Brother to 2006 Java Handicap winner Bhekinkhosi by Lavery.
14. Sister to 2007 Pretty Polly Stakes Gr 3 winner, Mzwilili, by Requiem.
15. Sister to East Cape Nursery winner, Nondweni, by National Emblem
16. Sister to 2007 Singapore Horse Of The Year, Why Be (19 wins from 23 starts) by Champion South American sire, Hussonet.
17. Brother to multiple Australian Group winner, Cockade, by Darley’s multiple Gr 1 winning son of Kingmambo, Dubai Destination.
The latter two quite miraculously by cataloguing standards of previous Ready To Run sales, are among nine imports from Australia, by some of the world’s top shuttling sires, including Danehill Dancer, new American sensation Street Cry, Leading Freshman and second crop sire of 2007, Show A Heart, seven times Champion sire, Hussonet, and World Champion racehorse Fantastic Light.
Extract from Charl Pretorius